Programs and Development Associate
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 27, 2017
Title: Programs and Development Associate
Location: The position must be located in the Washington, DC office without exception
Reports to: Director of Programs (50%) and Director of Development (50%)
Status: Full-time, exempt
Dance/USA, the national service organization for professional dance, sustains and advances professional dance by addressing the needs, concerns, and interests of artists, administrators and organizations. Dance/USA operates at the center of the national dance field providing dance-related research and information, professional development, advocacy, and service so that members may gain new insights, perspective, and knowledge on their works as dance professionals. Dance/USA’s membership consists of 500 aerial, ballet, contemporary, modern, jazz, folk/traditional-based, and tap companies; dance service and presenting organizations; artist managers and producers; individuals, and other organizations nationally and internationally.
Dance/USA’s Core Values of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
Dance/USA is committed to honoring, nurturing and advancing dance through the lens of diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity in all aspects of its programming, services and organization. You can learn more about our values here: https://danceusa.org/core-values-of-equity-inclusion
- Management and documentation of Dance/USA’s Institute for Leadership Training
- Annual Conference event organization and oversight (e.g. Welcoming Affair, Opening Night Celebration, SmART Bar)
- Oversight and training of Annual Conference volunteers
- Design and management of the Annual Conference mobile app
- Website management of Programs and Development related webpages
- Sponsorship liaison between the Programs and Development departments
- On-site support for the Dance Forum, Annual Conference, and National Leadership Council for Dance events
- National Leadership Council for Dance event management and documentation
- Maintain proper tracking, recording, reporting and acknowledging of gifts and pledges, as well as prospects
- Support stewardship of donors, funders, and sponsors
- Support the implementation and execution of annual Individual Giving Campaigns
- Prospect research for events, donors, sponsors, and funders (corporate, foundation, government)
- Support cash and in-kind sponsorship solicitation and stewardship
- Proposal and report writing and editing for foundation, government and corporate funders
- Staff and support for Board Committees (Programming, Awards, Development)
- Donation processing, data entry, event generation, and reporting via database CRM system
The Programs and Development Associate is a shared full time position between Dance/USA’s Programs and Development departments and reports to the directors of each respective team. This position works closely and collaboratively with members of the programs, development, communications, research, and finance departments, as well as Dance/USA’s Board of Trustees and funders.
Two or more years of experience in event management and/or fundraising in the arts or related organization, with proven track record of accomplishment and success required. Position demands technical expertise with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point); as well as stellar analytic, technical, organizational, time management, and computer skills. Must be professional, detail-oriented, adaptive, and have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Mobile app design, webpage construction, and knowledge of Salesforce or other database systems a plus. Undergraduate degree required.
Salary and Compensation
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and references by Friday, October 27 to:
Casey John McEnelly
Director of Finance and Operations
202-833-1717 ext. 110