Dance Metro DC is engaged in a dual-approach strategy to address racism and oppression in the field of dance. The strategy is to provide anti-racism and anti-oppression training opportunities to community members. The dual-approach is to engage expertise from both outside of the regional dance community, as well as within Dance Metro DC’s regional network.
- To increase understanding of racism and its impact
- To cultivate skills that help participants identify and dismantle inequitable systems
- To create community action steps that embody cultural equity, transparency and accountability
- To develop a cohort of regionally-based anti-racism facilitators and a process for accountability, documentation and assessment.
- To develop a participatory, movement-and-dialogue-based, experiential anti-racism training workshop that is meaningful, impactful, accessible, and replicable.
Program details coming soon…