The Production Manager and Program Assistant oversees all performance production at the on-site Jack Guidone Theater, and facilitates all on-site and off-site Joy of Motion performances, as well as providing assistance to the program department in managing facilities, registration, IT and equipment, and other functions.
- Maintain the equipment and systems of the Jack Guidone Theater and upgrade as necessary;
- Hire, train, and supervise the crew of the Jack Guidone Theater, including Theater Managers, Lighting Designers, and Workstudy Volunteers;
- Recruit and manage interns for the program department;
- Produce performances in the Jack Guidone Theater, including renters and performances that are the outcomes of Joy of Motion educational experiences, including Joyfest, the capstone spring show;
- Execute offsite Joy of Motion performances, including contracting, pre-production coordination with artists and venues; lighting design and/or stage management, and post-production reporting;
- Act as the patron services representative for all Joy of Motion events, including managing ticketing software;
- Manage rental requests for the studios, in conjunction with studio staff;
- Assist studio staff in maintaining the physical plant of Joy of Motion, especially as regards studio sound systems.
- Manage scheduling in Mindbody, JOM’s online registration system;
- Field requests for Joy of Motion participation in performances and events;
- Assist the Business Manager and studio staff with IT and equipment needs;
- Assist the program staff and Business Manager with other administrative needs, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Background in dance preferred.
- Prior experience working with Google Suite strongly preferred. Prior experience in Mindbody and Patron Manager software preferred.
- Reports to the Director of Adult Programs
- Employment Status: Full-time Exempt
- Compensation: Salary $35,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience; includes benefit package.
Joy of Motion Dance Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit service organization and an equal opportunity employer. This position requires extensive travel throughout the DC metropolitan area.
Please send resume, cover letter with the subject “Production Manager & Program Assistant Application” to:
Business Operations Manager