- This event has passed.
THE MAGIC HOURS: Dancing into Autumn Workshop
October 16, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
“The dance is the movement of the human body in harmony with the movements of earth…that is the first law for the study of dance: study the movement of Nature.” Isadora Duncan
Nestled within Dancing Tree Studio, expect to be immersed in and inspired by Nature. We will:
– Awaken our bodies and our senses through breath-full stretching, expanding, lengthening, and strengthening.
– Dance indoors and outdoors, absorbing the sights, sounds, smells of Autumn, Inspired by the movements and rhythms of the plants and animals.
– Learn short Autumnal choreographic studies.
– Create ceremonies and rituals that guide us toward living awake in the world.
– Celebrate ourselves and our dancing spirits!
– Be guided by Cynthia Word.
We invite all movers who are interested in experiencing the change of season through embodiment. For more information, please email Cynthia@worddance.org.