Dance Metro DC Project Manager
Part-time (20-30 hrs/week), non-salaried position, $22/hour
Dance Metro DC, the service organization dedicated to dance in the Greater Washington DC area, is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, and self-starting individual with communications experience for a part-time Project Manager. This is estimated to be a 20-30 hour week position that would begin as soon as possible. The contract will conclude by the end of December 2020, with the potential of renewal.
DMDC is looking for a Manager who will take the lead on managing membership and communications matters for DMDC. Responsibilities include:
- Processing and maintaining current and future memberships and donations, including updating email database and website
- Updating website content
- Creating and managing email communications including promotional emails, weekly buzz and additional organizational messaging (i.e. fundraising, DMDC projects, general updates)
- Creating and scheduling all social media content (FB and Instagram) in conjunction with promotions, membership benefits and organizational messaging
- Ensuring payment of invoices and bills related to website, email and other communication functions
In addition, the Manager will support DMDC programming which continues to be adapted as needed due to COVID-19. These programs and responsibilities could include:
- The Dance Journalism project, which conducts reviews of local dance productions in the DC area. The Manager will:
- accept and register all participants; assist in scheduling classes and performances; manage communications; manage invoicing process for reviews; track project activities and assist in grant reporting requirements
- The Performance in Progress and the Rehearsal Subsidy Program
- The Manager will handle changes and alternatives for programming due to COVID-19
The Project Manager would report to the DMDC Board of Directors and must have the capability to work remotely. This position would be best for an individual who can think creatively, work autonomously, and has excellent organizational and communication skills. Interested applicants are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to express interest. Please submit a resume, brief cover letter detailing relevant experience and 2-3 references (please include contact information).
Other experience desired:
- Knowledge of the DC dance or arts field
- Experience in managing projects
- Experience working in marketing and/or communications, with a preference for those with experience in website and/or email databases
- Exceptional time management
- Experience managing grant-funded project is preferred
About Dance Metro DC:
The mission of Dance Metro DC is to strengthen the field of dance in the national capital region. We accomplish this through support, promotion, education, convening and advocacy for individuals and organizations in the professional field of dance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business