The Director of Adult Programs oversees Joy of Motion’s broad array of adult series and drop-in classes, manages JOM’s resident companies, and supervises the production manager.
- Program adult series classes at three studios;
- Ensure a robust and varied offering of adult drop-in classes in three studios, year-round;
- Manage and develop partnerships for adult dance programs that serve special populations and/or take place in the community;
- Ensure quality instruction in all programs, including faculty recruitment, development and evaluation;
- Assist in developing and implementing curricula in all programs;
- Administer the professional Resident Company program, consisting of three companies per program year;
- Supervise JOM’s production manager / program assistant;
- Develop and monitor annual adult program goals;
- Monitor enrollment and customer satisfaction, in conjunction with marketing and studio staff;
- Develop and monitor the budget for adult programming;
- Represent Joy of Motion in appropriate arts coalitions, governmental entities, and other venues;
- Work as a team with the directors of youth programs, dance institute and production to ensure excellence in all Joy of Motion programming.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a recognized leader in dance education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Dance required; Master’s degree in Dance Education preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of the sophisticated management needs of a broadly designed community dance school, which includes multiple styles serving a diverse student body.
- Established track record in recruiting, hiring, supervising and coaching teachers and staff.
- Proven success in collaborative work with a team of highly skilled professionals.
- Prior experience working with MindBody, PatronManager, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office software is preferred.
- Complete understanding of financial issues in managing community-based dance education programs.
- Strong knowledge of the dance industry and dance education in the United States, with a working knowledge of the National Dance Education Standards.
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Employment Status: Full-Time Exempt
- Compensation range: $55,000-$58,000, commensurate with experience; includes benefit package.
Joy of Motion Dance Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit service organization and an equal opportunity employer. This position requires extensive travel throughout the DC metropolitan area.
Please send resume, cover letter with the subject “Director of Adult Programs Application” to:
Business Operations Manager