Joy of Motion seeks instructors who are experienced in teaching ballet, tap, jazz, and movement classes for children ages 2-5
- Dance Instruction
- Conducts and executes classes following Joy of Motion Dance Center curriculum guidelines
- Demonstrate creative ideas and enthusiasm for dance education
- Instruct dance classes in accordance to needs of the organization in terms of style, age group, and scheduling
- Passion for working with children and adults; dedication to development and positive outcomes
- Comprehensive understanding of and skills in dance education; ability to create lesson plans for drop-in classes or series (enrollment) programs for youth or adults
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in dance instruction
- Ability to manage a classroom of up to 15
- Excellent communication skill
- Availability to instruct on weekday afternoons and evenings and/or weekend mornings and afternoons
- Access to transportation to all Joy of Motion studio locations
- Bachelor’s degree in Dance or Dance Education OR equivalent experience in the dance field.
Note: we are also seeking instructors specially to teach in our DCPS and DCPCS partner sites. Please indicate in your communications if you would be interested in expanding access to dance!
Reports to: Director of Community Dance School and/or Director of Dance Institute
Compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with experience + level of education, with free dance classes at all JOM locations.