Adagio Ballet School of Dance is hiring a Program and Production Coordinator to facilitate the goals, standards, and initiatives of the school’s dance education and production programming.
Adagio Ballet School of Dance, with locations in Arlington and McLean, VA is a vibrant organization with over 1,600 students and 20 teachers in a facility with 10 studios and a black box performance space. Adagio offers 3 core programs: The Early Years Program – (ages 2-6) a program designed to build the ballet fundamentals while incorporating the imagination, creativity, and music; The Intensive Program (ages 6-18, by invitation or audition) – a rigorous program in which students train multiple times a week with an intense curriculum and are eligible to audition for the student company; The Youth Program – (6 to adult) the recreational program where students dance once a week in any dance style with 2 performance opportunities a year. Adagio offers courses in Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, and Hip Hop. The Ballet Program follows the Vaganova Method and all programs follow a strict curriculum with weekly lesson plans, periodic exams, and progress reports. The Adagio Dance Company performs throughout the area and the school produces the Nutcracker and Spring Concerts as well as periodic Black Box events.
The Program and Production Coordinator
The Program and Production Coordinator assists the school management in upholding the high quality of dance education in the Early Years and Youth Programs by supporting teachers in achieving lesson plans and handling classroom challenges. This role assists with teacher training, pro-development, curriculum development, and handles administrative duties related to academic programming and planning. As Production Coordinator, this person assists in event and performance planning, logistics, communication, scheduling and costuming. The position reports to the School Directors.
The candidate must have significant experience in the dance field and pre-k-12 dance education, with both practical experience teaching dance in the classroom as well as an understanding of childhood development and experience working with curriculum and teaching tools. This position requires administrative and planning skills. This person must be good working with people to serve as a positive support to the faculty and management.
- Assist management in maintaining high standards of dance educational programming and delivery in the classroom by observing classes, assisting with teacher training and on-going classroom management, and curriculum and teacher resource development.
- Substitute teach as needed
- Assist with production and event planning, logistics, communication, class distribution, scheduling, and costuming.
- Administrative duties in coordinating and executing onsite and offsite educational programs and production events.
- Pre-professional dance training in Ballet, Modern, Jazz
- Professional experience as a dancer or choreographer preferred
- 5+ years teaching dance for ages 3-high school
- Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Highly organized individual capable of managing and delivering on multiple projects at once
- Experience with executing dance educational programs & curriculum
- A deep commitment to high standards in dance education through a nurturing and engaging methodology
- Event/performance planning experience
- Customer Service experience a plus
- Excellent logistical organizing skills, quality written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented, problem-solver, accountable for producing quality results, self-motivated and takes initiative, follows through on assigned tasks and projects, takes direction well and works well with managers and colleagues.
- Ability to work with individuals with artistic sensibilities
- Comfortable learning and working with software and technology
- Ability to remain calm and problem solve in stressful situations
- Honest and outgoing personality that is respectful and collaborative, a people person.
- Flexibility with schedule. Evening and weekend availability needed.
- Start Date: February 2020
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience (Starting salary range 35-40K)
- Annual benefits package includes: 4 weeks Paid Time Off, several paid holidays, 100% coverage of Health Care Benefits, Retirement Plan with Employer Matching program, potential for promotion, & professional development opportunities.
The application should include:
- A cover letter outlining your qualifications and reasons for interest in the position
- 3 references
- Additional materials upon request: dance photos, videos, website/social media links, work/writing samples
Please submit application to Katherine Horrigan email@example.com