Part-time, non-salaried position
Dance Metro DC, the service organization dedicated to dance in the Greater Washington DC area, is seeking a part-time Project Manager to fulfill a three-month, non-salaried contract. This is estimated to be a 15-20 hour week position that would begin in January 2020 and conclude in March 2020.
The Project Manager would be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage DMDC’s Dance Journalism project along with Lisa Traiger to include: acceptance and registration of all participants; assisting in scheduling classes and performances; managing communications; managing invoicing process for reviews; tracking project activities and assisting in grant reporting requirements.
- Manage DMDC’s Performance in Progress Showing at the Atlas Performing Arts Center on March 13 to include: finalizing contract with The Atlas; managing all performance logistics, including tech and rehearsal schedule, communication with artists and with contracted staff; managing all payments to participants in compliance with grant budget.
- Manage DMDC’s Rehearsal Subsidy Program: ensure February-March recipient has space at Joe’s Movement Emporium
The Project Manager would report to the DMDC Board of Directors and is encouraged to work remotely. Interested applicants are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to express interest. Please submit a resume, brief cover letter detailing relevant experience and 2-3 references (please include contact information).
- Knowledge of the DC dance or arts field
- Experience in managing projects, particularly any experience in performance production management
- Exceptional time management
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience managing grant-funded project is preferred
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Availability to work in-person the weekend of March 13th required
About Dance Metro DC:
The mission of Dance Metro DC is to strengthen the field of dance in the national capital region. We accomplish this through support, promotion, education, convening and advocacy for individuals and organizations in the professional field of dance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.