The 2019 Art Omi: Dance Residency needs a summer intern!
*Note: the intern will be in residence at Omi in Ghent, NY from July 15 – August 5. Travel, accommodations, meals and stipend included, PLUS the opportunity to take workshops with the Dance Omi Residents!
Dance Omi Program Director Christopher K. Morgan seeks aspiring arts administrators, production personnel, and dancers who are interested in supporting an artist in residence program for dancer / choreographers who are collaborating with other international dance makers.
Since 2005, the Dance Omi International Dance Collective has brought together ten accomplished dance artists from around the world for three weeks of creative exchange each summer. Though the program includes informal showings on the Omi campus, the emphasis is not a performance product, rather, a gently facilitated process of experimentation and collaboration.
Qualifications Currently enrolled, or recently graduated, students interested in arts administration and / or production that are organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and culturally sensitive. Must be available July 15 – August 5, 2019 and hold a valid driver’s license. Interns are provided transportation to Omi, all meals, private bedroom with shared bath and a $500 stipend.
- Assisting facility preparations for resident arrival (helping to lay the dance floor, coordinating room charts, prepping equipment and dance facilities, etc.)
- Assisting with administrative tasks (typing and printing schedules, organizing marketing materials, making programs, etc.)
- Assisting the director and Omi staff with resident pick-up from train station
- Assisting with preparations for all Omi showings and events
- Helping to coordinate off-site field trips for the residents
- Checking to ensure the proper function of sound/video equipment
- Documenting important processes
- Maintaining and organizing file archives