Dance Place Operations Manager
Applications accepted until position is filled.
3225 8th St NE, Washington, DC 20017
Dance Place, a nationally recognized cultural arts center in Washington, DC, seeks an Operations Manager. This is a 40 hour per week, salaried, year-round position with benefits. The ideal candidate will have 1 or more years of operations or managerial experience and embrace Dance Place’s mission to build a community of artists, audiences and students through high quality performances, commissions, training and educational programs and our commitment to enriching the field of dance locally, nationally and internationally. Dance Place is an equal opportunity employer.
Title: Operations Manager
Number of hours per week: 40, occasional night and weekend work required
Department: Operations and Finance
Immediate supervisor: Executive Artistic Director and Financial Director
The Operations Manager oversees general office operations and administrative functions on a daily basis including:
• Managing adult classes, studio management staff, teaching faculty, and schedule
• Coordination and scheduling of all studio spaces with in-house productions, in-house youth and adult classes, rehearsals for affiliate artists, and outside rentals
• Managing relationships with facilities vendors
• Assisting the Financial Director in processing and distribution of payments
• Mail distribution
• Ordering of office and facilities supplies
• This position requires occasional availability on nights and weekends to coordinate with renters, comp time off is accrued for these variances to the work week
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com.
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.