Database Manager (20 – 25 hrs. / Week)
Deadline to apply is Thursday, January 31, 2019
Title: Database Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Executive Director of Dance/USA
Established in 1982, Dance/USA is the national service organization for professional dance, serving a broad cross-section of the dance field. Dance/USA is committed to honoring, nurturing and advancing dance through the lens of equity, inclusion, and equal opportunity in all aspects of its programming, services, and organization.
Our Mission: Dance/USA champions an inclusive and equitable dance field by leading, convening, advocating, and supporting individuals and organizations. Dance/USA’s core programs are focused in the areas of engagement, advocacy, research, and preservation.
Our Vision: Propelled by our belief that dance can inspire a more just and humane world, Dance/USA will amplify the power of dance to inform and inspire a nation where creativity and the field thrive.
Our Values: Dance/USA’s core values are Connectivity, Creativity, Equity, and Integrity. Read more about our core values here: https://www.danceusa.org/danceusa-core-values
Summary of Position:
The Database Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining Dance/USA’s Salesforce database. Dance/USA contracts with Fonteva, a premier partner with Salesforce to support member-based associations. The Database Manager collaborates with each department to assist in improving utilization of the database tool and maximizing staff capacity. The Database Manager will work with each Director to strategize and identify necessary data, frequency, and how processes can become more efficient for each department. After creating and building the process, the Database Manage will be responsible for testing it to ensure compatibility with the Fonteva product and data accuracy and document improvements or changes to existing processes. Data troubleshooting, security, backup, and integrity are critical parts of your job.
Database Manager Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Monitors database performance by troubleshooting problems.
- Enforces database standards, controls, and data entry procedures.
- Improves the technology by performing platform upgrades and improvements.
- Enhances the effectiveness of database tools and services.
- Collaborates with and reports regularly to departments across the organization.
- Continues professional development by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Database Manager Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Salesforce Admin experience preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
Salary and Compensation
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and references by Thursday, January 31, 2019, to:
Casey John McEnelly
Director of Finance and Operations