Part time, contact position to support national client base of funders and arts organizations in Washington, DC.
1. National Arts Funding Program
– Assist with new national funding program that provides support to individual artists.
– Communicate with applicants, process applications, database management, run video conferences, meeting logistics.
2. Research and Writing
-Assist with research, meeting documentation, editing, proofreading, presentations, and data entry and analysis for a range of projects for nonprofit organizations and funders.
3. Office Administration
-Limited duties as assigned.
- At least two years of administrative experience (part or full time) in the arts or another field. This position requires maturity and professional decorum.
- Research skills including Excel. Training in research methods and Microsoft Access a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including basic writing, grammar, and standard business writing, as displayed in part by writing sample.
- Attention to detail in all communication, particularly written documents.
- Strong organizational and listening skills and ability to manage time and coordinate tasks.
- Intermediate MS-Word; touch typing of at least 35 wpm.
- Availability 15-20 hours/week during the daytime, until June 2019, and more during busy times.
Candidate would gain understanding of trends in the national arts field, arts philanthropy, fundraising, research, nonprofit management, and small business administration. Flexible hours.
Pay: Hourly contract rate, DOE.
Start Date: Immediately. End date: June 2019, with possibility of extension.
Location: Downtown, near the red, blue/orange, and yellow/green Metro lines.
Send resume, cover letter that addresses the above requirements, three references, and one writing sample (of any length and format, on any subject) to Suzanne Callahan, Founder, at info@ForTheArts.org.