January 2019 – April 2019, Washington, DC
New internship to assist with administration of new national funding program that provides fellowships to individual dance artists. The intern will assist with processing applications and screening work samples, and help run and document a national meeting to review fellowship applications. Intern would gain an understanding of trends in the national arts field, arts philanthropy, and fundraising, and learn about dance artists working in social justice.
· At least one year of administrative experience (part or full time) in the arts or another field.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including basic writing.
· Organizational skills and ability to manage time and information.
· Intermediate MS-Word; touch typing of at least 50 wpm.
· Availability 8 hours per week during the daytime, for the dates below, and more hours during several weeks in March.
Pay: $2,000 Stipend.
Dates: Intern would work about 15 weeks from January – April 2019.
Location: Downtown, near the red, blue/orange, and yellow/green Metro lines.
Send resume, cover letter that addresses the above requirements, two references, and one writing sample (of any length and format, on any subject) to Suzanne Callahan, Founder, at info@ForTheArts.org.