Dance Metro DC—Executive Director
Job Posting, 2018
Dance Metro DC (DMDC), founded as a local service organization in 2005, is at a transitional moment with the departure of its Executive Director. The Board is looking to engage a passionate, dedicated individual to shepherd this small, grassroots organization into a new stage. Key priorities for the organization are to expand membership, identify revenue sources, and grow partnerships to ensure the sustainability of service to the dance field. The Executive Director leads a staff of one Director of Member Services.
- Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading DMDC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Oversight: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of DMDC, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Revenue Generation:
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenue streams necessary to support DMDC’s mission—both earned and contributed.
- Programmatic Leadership:
- Responsible for development and implementation of Dance Metro DC’s programs, in line with the Strategic Plan, that carry out the organization’s mission through high-level input to existing programs and development of new initiatives that are responsive to community needs.
- External Communications: Represents Dance Metro DC at public engagements.
- Administration & Operations:
- Responsible for effective administration of DMDC’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring, on-going evaluation, and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
A strong candidate will have:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- An ability to convey a vision of Dance Metro DC’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated passion and knowledge of the DMV dance field
- Interest in active engagement with DMV community as a “boots on the ground” member
- Familiarity/experience with nonprofit finance and/or organizational budgeting
- Enthusiastic fundraiser
- Strong public speaker and advocate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deeply committed to the values of Dance Metro DC
- Grant writing/grant management/government contract experience
- Experience in a nonprofit membership organization
- Commitment to nonprofit compliance requirements
Salary: Commensurate with experience and other qualifications. EOE
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
by January 4, 2019