Philanthropy Intern (Paid)
November 2018 – March 2019
Callahan Consulting for the Arts helps arts organizations and funders realize their vision through a range of services including planning, fundraising, evaluation and administering funding programs.
The firm has available a new internship to assist with administration of new national funding program that will provides fellowships to individual dance artists. The intern would assist with processing applications and work samples and managing data. The intern would also help run and document a national meeting to review applications.
- At least one year of administrative experience (part or full time) in the arts or another field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including basic writing.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage time and information.
- Intermediate MS-Word; touch typing of at least 50 wpm.
- Availability for 8 hours per week during the daytime, for the dates below, and more hours during one week in March 2019.
Candidate would gain an understanding of trends in the national arts field, arts philanthropy, and fundraising, and learn about dance artists working in social justice.
Pay: $2,000 Stipend.
Dates: Intern would work 16 weeks over a 20-week period from November 2018 – March 31, 2019, with weeks off for holidays.
Location: Downtown, near the red, blue/orange, and yellow/green Metro lines.
Send resume, cover letter that addresses the above requirements, two references, and one writing sample (of any length and format, on any subject) to Suzanne Callahan, Founder, at info@ForTheArts.org.
For more information visit www.ForTheArts.org.