Call for Submissions: 2019 Baltimore Dance Invitational
Submission Deadline: November 9, 2018 by midnight
Baltimore Dance Invitational Performance: February 6, 2019 at 7:30pm
Gordon Center for Performing Arts
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave, Owings Mills, MD 21117
The Collective is accepting submissions for the annual Baltimore Dance Invitational to be held on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7:30pm at the Gordon Center for Performing Arts in Owings Mills, MD. This year’s Baltimore Dance Invitational will be a one-performance only showcase of professional dance (all styles/genres) selected through an adjudication process. Additionally, artists selected for the Baltimore Dance Invitational will have the option to facilitate a community dance workshop in February 2019.
• Work submitted must showcase professional artists and/or be choreographed by a professional artist (no student work).
• Work submitted must be complete OR represent a completed, extracted section of a larger work.
• Work submitted should not exceed 10 minutes in length.
• The submission footage should reflect the work as intended to be performed at the Baltimore Dance Invitational.
• Each submission should include a DVD of the work or a web link that is not labeled with name of the company/artist/choreographer. PLEASE LABEL THE DVD OR VIDEO WITH ONLY THE TITLE OF THE PIECE. This is a blind adjudication.
• Participation will be limited to 10 performing groups/artists representing a variety of dance styles as selected through the adjudication process.
• All submissions will receive written, narrative feedback from the adjudication panel.
Submission Deadline: Friday, November 9, 2018 by midnight
Notification: Friday, December 7, 2018
Performance Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7:00pm
To learn more about the submission requirements and the Baltimore Dance Invitational, please review the submission form available here: http://www.collective-dance.com/current-news
Submission forms should be received by November 9th at midnight.