Dance/USA is seeking a Membership Intern to join their Membership department for the Summer term: May – Aug 2018.
Dance/USA’s Membership Internship will:
- Connect the intern to the national dance community
- Raise the intern’s awareness of dance in America, the business of dance, and field-wide trends
- Provide practical, hands-on work experience in arts administration
This position works alongside the Director of Member Services and the Finance and Membership Associate and is an integral part of the Membership Department’s operations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with Dance/USA’s annual retention campaign
- Processing membership payments (includes some database work) for new and returning members
- Assist in planning Council and Affinity group meetings
- Communicating with and engaging current and new members (via personalize communications, etc.)
- Responding to member needs and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Creating and publishing – monthly – the Dance/USA Bulletin
Applicants must be organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and possess a strong sense of service and professionalism. Strong verbal and written communications skills, resourcefulness, and ability to work both independently and as a team are vital.
Knowledge and/or interest in a member-based organization will be helpful. A background in and/or passion for marketing and communications as well as website/HTML management, a plus. Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications, and comfortable with and/or eager to learn database management skills.
Recent college graduates, current college juniors/seniors, and graduate students are eligible to apply! Those accepted will receive professional, on-the-job experience that is needed in today’s job market by working with and assisting our national office staff.
Stipends and university credit are also available.
With questions, call the Dance/USA national office at 202.833.1717.