Dance Conservatory Managing Director – Experience the power of dance in an award-winning dance conservatory where talent meets training!
Applications Deadline: June 30, 2018
CityDance School & Conservatory
5301 Tuckerman Lane
N. Bethesda, MD 20852
Brief Description (200 words or less): Do you have top-of-the-line organization skills? Can you create and manage complex schedules to meet the needs of several parties? Are you a clear and effective communicator? Do you have a background in high quality dance education? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you to use and develop these talents, and make an immediate impact on our evolving dance organization.
We’re looking for a passionate and self-motivated Conservatory Managing Director who can serve as an anchor for our award winning conservatory program in ballet and contemporary dance. This role focuses on parent and student scheduling and communication, performance/event logistics, program management and rehearsal assistant responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
– Manage Conservatory performances including Creating the Magic, Annual Conservatory Concert and Additional Conservatory Special Performances
– Create and maintain weekly schedules for students, coaches and parents
– Track, manage and communicate casting with fairness and inclusion
– Manage Summer Intensives
– Develop and maintain strong relationships.
– Be a team player and contribute to the growth of our School & Conservatory programs.
– Enjoy the recognition and reward of seeing students develop into some of the best young dancers and performance talents nationally.
– You are a resident in the USA.
– You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a relative field.
– 5-7 years of experience in similar position prefered.
– You have experience working in customer-facing roles.
– You have strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Any other languages are a plus.
– You are able to diagnose and solve problems with varying complexity with a customer-focused mindset.
– You’re able to prioritize, multitask, and perform effectively under pressure.
– You have strong planning and organizational skills.
– You are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
– You have a sense of humor.
– You are passionate about dance and its transformative power through high caliber training and performance.
How to Apply:
– Please send resume PDF Format only to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Subject of email: Job Post_ SACMDC18 – “applicant last name”
– Title resume document: Resume_SACMDC18 – “applicant’s last name” or include in email a link to LinkedIn or other online CV or resume.
– Include salary requirements in email. Salary commensurate with experience.