Job Posting: The Washington Ballet Administrative Program Coordinator
Position Title: Administrative Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director of The Washington @ THEARC (School Director)
Location: Washington, DC
Administrative (60%): Provide administrative support to the staff of The Washington Ballet (TWB) located at Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Campus (THEARC). Position serves as the main point of contact for the staff, parents, and students of TWB. Duties include general clerical, receptionist and project-based work. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
Marketing (40%): T. This position will collaborate with the Marketing Department at the NW campus of The Washington Ballet.
This position maintains both Administrative and Marketing general responsibilities. The hours of this position are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 12PM-9PM, and Saturdays from 8AM – 6PM.
- Respond to public inquiries on the telephone and in person; provide information and assistance to the public in a courteous manner.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member
- Accept payments from parents, provide receipts, and help maintain payment accounts.
- Oversee security by monitoring door and arrivals
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Assists designated staff with projects as needed
- Assist School Manager with sale and inventory of merchandise in The Washington Ballet @ THEARC
- Input and retrieve data and text
- Organize and maintain document filing
- Receives and distributes packages as they arrive
- Assist in maintaining internal calendars and all bulletin boards in the office and the general area; maintain front desk information
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Coordinate and communicate with off-site dancewear suppliers to facilitate the order of dancewear items.
- Coordinate, communicate and provide data for the THEARC database system.
- Create flyers, brochures and other informationals for distribution
- Help upload and distribute this information through social media platforms, print media, and person to person communication.
- Respond to public and community inquiries and brief TWB@THEARC director and school manager on matters of public interest and
- Communicate with local businesses, day care centers, churches, THEARC partners and other non-profits on upcoming events.
- Attend public events, meetings, open house information sessions, etc. as a representative for TWB@THEARC.
- Attend weekly collaboration meetings with TWB marketing department presenting experience, successes, and upcoming TWB@THEARC events.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with the marketing department at THEARC and with other partners on the campus of THEARC.
- Create mechanisms for internal and external evaluation of marketing and engagement initiatives;
- Distribute information to TWB staff and faculty regarding marketing and engagement activities;
- Successfully integrate engagement work into many TWB Departments such as marketing and development and enlist the support of TWB staff to do so;
- Compile collected information for Director of TWB@THEARC to regularly present to TWB Board and
- Sell tickets for TWB performances at THEARC Theater
School Director, THEARC School Manager, Faculty, Marketing Department
Administrative: Students, parents, faculty, accompanists
Marketing: Local business, churches, daycares, local bloggers, community-based organizations
Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Must have office/administrative experience
- Cash-handling experience
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, QuickBooks etc. and must be able to learn quickly to use program software
- Must have or be able to acquire knowledge of Ward 7&8
- Ability to speak effectively to the public and to compose concisely and clearly
- Willingness to learn new things and eagerness to acquire new skills
- General knowledge of dance and the performing arts preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding work performed
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience and success working in partnership with residents and community organizations
- Available to attend evening and weekend community events and meetings
- Bilingual-Spanish skills a plus
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Expertise in videography, editing and production
Professional and Technical Competencies:
- Support the philosophy and mission of The Washington Ballet and The Washington School of Ballet
- Must assist the Marketing Department in the search to produce new media outlets and contacts for the promotion of The Washington Ballet, The School, and The Ballet’s community engagement activities; the ability to think creatively in efforts to widen the Ballet’s exposure locally, nationally, and perhaps internationally is a definite plus
- Must be familiar with all social media platforms (search, monitor, post, edit content)
- Must be a self-starter
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, good collaborator
- Communicates conflicts, concerns or matters of urgency to appropriate supervisor or company director
- Work in a detail-oriented manner, is resourceful and flexible, and able to handle tasks simultaneously
- Work independently and as part of team
Equipment Knowledge and Use:
- PC and software
- Standard office equipment