THE INCUBATOR CHOREOGRAPHERS SHOWCASE 2018
CURATED AND DIRECTED BY MIYA HISAKA
JUNE 9-10, 2018
PERFORMANCE AT THE WASHINGTON SCHOOL OF BALLET JOSEPH C. COLEMAN STUDIOS
APPLICATION AND AUDITION PROCESS:
If you are a dance maker/choreographer and interested in presenting your work at the 3RD ANNUAL INCUBATOR SERIES CHOREOGRAPHERS PROGRAM, please fill out the following application and sign up for your audition slot now.
This annually presented Choreographers Showcase, curated and directed by Miya Hisaka (Founder/Artistic Director of DC Contemporary Dance Theatre/El Teatro de Danza, Faculty at TWSB, Catholic University) features some of the best new works by established and emerging choreographers in the DC metropolitan area in a theater lab setting. It is also a strong marketing tool and means to present local choreographers to a select audience of funders, dance supporters, and potential new patrons. An adjudicated panel of dance experts will select up to 7 choreographers to be presented on June 9-10, 2018 at the The Washington School of Ballet’s new state of the art Coleman’s Studios (TWSB). Choreographers will receive a $300-$600 stipend to be determined by the complexity and level of the work and number of dancers, and may be selected to be included in future programming as well as part of TDC’s 2018-2019 Season. Applicants must be at 18 years and older and at least be at a pre professional level of their development. This program is funded by the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities.
-Application Deadline – Feb. 2, 2018 at 5 pm. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Audition – Sunday, Feb. 11, 2018, 7-10 pm (15 minute timeslots) at Dance
Institute of Washington (DIW), 3400 14th St. NW. DC 20010
-Notification Date – Feb. 19, 2018 via email
-Performance Dates – June 9-10, 2018 (Sat. 8 pm and Sun. 7 pm) TWSB
-Tech – June 9, Sat. 3-6:30 pm (30 minute timeslots), TWSB
Requirements to be considered:
- Works must be between 6-12 minutes
- Applicant must be at least 18 years or older and be at a minimum of a pre professional level of their work as a choreographer
- Works must be presented in audition as they would be performed (finished works including music and at least one final costume)
- Applicants must be dance-makers, and must reside within DC/MD/VA metropolitan area. A majority (more than half) of dance artists/company dancers performing in the proposed works must reside within this area.
- Choreographers and all performers must be available for technical rehearsal on Sat. June 10, 3-7:15 pm.
Step 1 + 2: Fill out application and sign up for audition timeslot (Attachment A)
For the Application and more information, please contact: Miya Hisaka, email@example.com.