Educational Coordinator, ClancyWorks Dance Company – 30 hour week minimum.
The ClancyWorks Dance Company, a 17 year old, award winning nonprofit arts organization located in Montgomery County, MD seeks a proven professional administrator with a background in dance education. It is possible that this position may be split into multiple part-time positions in order to secure the highest quality skills in each area. It is intended that successful execution of the one-year appointment will provide a financial basis for renewing the appointment(s).
Silver Spring, MD
• Collaborative, consensus-oriented management style
• Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team of part-time staff and volunteers
• Ability to work independently
• Detail oriented
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Strong meeting facilitation skills
• High level of organization
• 5-7 years of work experience and 3-5 years of management experience
• Success in development of corporate and individual sponsorships
• Success in grant writing and grant administration
• Track record in programming and marketing
• Experience in managing budgets and financial reporting a plus
• Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, and Database programs; Photoshop a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply email letter of interest and résumé to: info@ClancyWorks.org and write “Educational Coordinator Search” in the subject line.
Education programming: Oversee all ClancyWorks Arts in Education programs; assist in interviewing, recruiting and hiring teaching artists; update arts in education handbook/curriculum; conduct site visits; provide professional development for Teaching Artists and assist with class planning.
Educational Program Development: Research grant opportunities and coordinate with grant writer for all arts in education as well as professional development and learning exchange opportunities.
Educational Program Accountability: Meet at least biweekly with Artistic Director and other staff; attend monthly and special meetings of the Board of Directors; prepare reports to Board of Directors, as requested.
Coordinate with Marketing Personnel to highlight AiE and Professional Development Programs for marketing campaigns as well as prepare and disseminate press materials; prepare and distribute newsletters and email communications with supporters and communities served; speak on behalf of the Company’s Education Programs and Professional Development Programs at public and private events.
Booking: Arrange for ClancyWorks to engage in school assembly performances and workshop/residency opportunities.
Program logistics: Schedule performance and education program components; coordinate dancer/teacher assignments; make travel arrangements; coordinate volunteers.