Call for Submissions: Baltimore Dance Invitational
Submission Deadline: Friday, November 17, 2017 by midnight
Notification: Friday, December 8, 2017
Performance Date: Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 7:30pm
Gordon Center for Performing Arts
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The Collective is accepting submissions for the 6th Annual Baltimore Dance Invitational to be held on Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 7:30pm at the Gordon Center for Performing Arts in Owings Mills, MD. This year’s Baltimore Dance Invitational will be a one-performance only showcase of professional dance selected through an adjudication process. Additionally, artists selected for the Baltimore Dance Invitational will have the option to facilitate a community dance workshop in February 2018.
• Work submitted must showcase professional artists and/or be choreographed by a professional artist (no student work).
• Work submitted must be complete OR represent a completed, extracted section of a larger work.
• Work submitted should not exceed 12 minutes in length.
• The submission footage should reflect the work as intended to be performed at the Baltimore Dance Invitational.
• Each submission should include a DVD of the work or a web link that is not labeled with name of the company/artist/choreographer. PLEASE LABEL THE DVD OR VIDEO WITH ONLY THE TITLE OF THE PIECE. This is a blind adjudication.
• Participation will be limited to 10 performing groups/artists as selected through the adjudication process.
• All submissions will receive written, narrative feedback from the adjudication panel.
• Selected artists/companies will have the option to teach an outreach masterclass on Sunday, February 11th at the Gordon Center for Performing Arts. Classes will be scheduled between 1pm-4pm.
To learn more about the submission requirements and the Baltimore Dance Invitational, please review the submission form available here: http://www.collective-dance.com/current-news
Submission forms should be received via email by November 17th.