Project Coordinator (Part-time)
Deadline to apply is Friday, August 18, 2017
Title: Project Coordinator
Status: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Location: Dance/USA office, Washington, DC
Reports to: Executive Director
Dance/USA, the national service organization for professional dance, sustains and advances professional dance by addressing the needs, concerns, and interests of artists, administrators and organizations. Dance/USA operates at the center of the national dance field providing dance-related research and information, professional development, advocacy, and service so that members may gain new insights, perspective, and knowledge on their works as dance professionals. Dance/USA’s membership consists of 500 aerial, ballet, contemporary, modern, jazz, folk/traditional-based, and tap companies; dance service and presenting organizations; artist managers and producers; individuals, and other organizations nationally and internationally.
Dance/USA is committed to honoring, nurturing and advancing dance through the lens of diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity in all aspects of its programming, services and organization.
Project Coordinator (part-time) Job Description:
The Project Coordinator (part-time) will support the Executive Director and Dance/USA staff with the implementation and administration associated with the transition of Dance Heritage Coalition (DHC) (currently an independent 501c3 organization) as it integrates into Dance/USA. In particular, the Project Coordinator will provide administrative support in the following areas:
- Project Management, Transition of former Dance Heritage Coalition activities and constituents into Dance/USA.
- Maintain all files, contacts, schedules, legal documents, etc., associated with the project.
- Act as customer service representative to manage all inquiries related to the transition in a timely manner.
- Create and Support the Dance Heritage Coalition Affinity Group at Dance/USA.
- Monitor access to the closed email list.
- Schedule quarterly national conference calls for the Affinity Group.
- Participate in the quarterly Dance Heritage Coalition Affinity Group calls to support participants and document meeting content.
- Support the Chair of the Dance Archivist Network with designing the agenda for in-person meetings.
- Administer support for in-person meeting logistics’ such as meeting location, A/V, and catering in coordinator with Dance/USA’s Director of Programs.
- Onboarding of former DHC Membership.
- Support communication to all DHC membership around the transition and membership within Dance/USA, in coordination with Dance/USA’s Communications Specialist and Director of Member Services.
- Provide customer service via phone and email to former DHC members related to Dance/USA membership and benefits.
- Website support for new pages related to Dance Archiving and Preservation.
- Compile draft website content in coordination with former DHC staff and Trustees.
- Upload new content related to dance archiving and preservation.
Qualifications for Part-Time Project Coordinator:
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- A strong interest in and familiarity with professional dance;
- A strong interest in dance archiving and preservation is a plus;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- An ability to think on your feet and to adapt in a shifting environment;
- Must enjoy working both independently and in collaboration with others;
- Ability to manage one’s own time;
- A strong commitment to Dance/USA’s core values of equity and inclusion.
View Dance/USA’s press release announcing the integration of Dance Heritage Coalition here:
To apply for the part-time Project Coordinator, please email a cover letter, resume, and references by Friday, August 18th to: