Position Available: Project Assistant (February 2017)
Callahan Consulting for the Arts has available a part-time contract position to support our national client base of funders and arts service organizations. Duties are as follows.
The majority of the time is client-related:
- Administration for a national arts funding program that the firm runs. Duties include grant application processing, database entry, meeting logistics, and communication with grantees.
- Some work on client written materials, including reports, memos, web copy, and other items.
- Documentation during a national meeting in March.
- Analyzing research (training provided)
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years of administrative experience (part or full time) in the arts or another field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. This includes basic writing composition, grammar, and standard business writing, as displayed in part by writing sample.
- A high degree of attention to detail in all communication, particularly written documents.
- Strong organizational and listening skills and ability to manage time and coordinate tasks.
- Intermediate skills in MS-Word; touch typing of at least 35 wpm. Prior knowledge of MS Excel, and/or MS Access a plus but not required.
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week during the daytime on a regular basis and longer hours on the days of March 27-29. 2017.
- Interest and/or experience in the arts field highly desirable.
Candidate would gain some understanding of trends in the national arts field; arts philanthropy and fundraising; some skills in evaluation and nonprofit management; and small business administration. Ideal for a graduate student or working artist with prior work experience. Flexible hours.
Callahan Consulting for the Arts helps arts organizations and funders realize their vision through a range of services including strategic planning, fundraising, evaluation and philanthropic counsel. Downtown office is on the red, blue and orange metro lines. For more information visit www.ForTheArts.org.
Pay: Hourly contract rate, DOE.
Start date: Immediately. End date: May 2017, with possibility of extension.
Location: Downtown, at Scott Circle, near the red, blue/orange, and yellow/green Metro lines.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter that addresses the above requirements and one writing sample (of any length and format, on any subject) to
Suzanne Callahan, Founder at info [at] ForTheArts.org.