Job Opening at Dance/USAhttp://www.danceusa.org/jobsatdanceusa
Development Associate (Part Time)
Director of Development
Position Based In
• Proposal and report writing and editing for foundation, government and corporate funders
• Donation processing, data entry, event generation, and reporting via database CRM system
• Maintain proper tracking, recording, reporting and acknowledgment of gifts and pledges, as well as prospects
• Support stewardship of donors, funders, and sponsors
• Support the implementation and execution of annual Individual Giving campaigns
• Prospect research for events, donors, sponsors, and funders (corporate, foundation, government)
• Support cash and in-kind sponsorship solicitation and stewardship
• Donor event management and documentation
• On-site support for the Annual Conference and other donor events
• Staff and support for Board Committees and Board Meetings
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development. This position and department works closely and collaboratively with members of the programs, communications, research, and finance departments, as well as Dance/USA’s Board of Trustees and funders.
Position demands technical expertise with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point); as well as stellar analytic, technical, organizational, time management, and computer skills. Must be professional, detail-oriented, adaptive, and have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Two or more years of experience in fundraising in the arts or related organization with proven track record of accomplishment and success preferred. Knowledge of Salesforce or other database systems a plus. Undergraduate degree required.
For consideration, please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to April Gruber (Agruber [at] danceusa.org), director of development, by Friday, March 24, 2017.
Dance/USA Commitment to Equity & Inclusion
Dance as an art form provides expression, celebration, exploration and transformation for all people. Inclusion and equal treatment of all members of the professional dance community are core values of Dance/USA and central to its mission. In achieving core values of equity and inclusion, Dance/ USA is committed to diversity in every aspect of its programming and services. Diversity in this context refers to groups, communities and individuals identified by dance genre or form, race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, religion, age, or disability status. Inclusion means a commitment to making all members of the professional dance community feel welcome and comfortable at Dance/USA.
Dance/USA is committed to honoring, nurturing and advancing dance through the lens of diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity in all aspects of its programming, services and organization.
For full job description and active links: http://www.danceusa.org/jobsatdanceusa