Word Dance Theater and Inner City – Inner Child seeking dancer/ educator to teach childrens dance classes.
Start Date: March 10, 2017
End Date: May 10, 2017
- 55 hrs of training and class observation
- prior experience teaching dance
- available weekday mornings
- ability to independently travel to several sites across the DMV: SE, NE, NW, Takoma Park, MD.
- Passionate about the power of the arts to transform and educate.
- Believes that creativity is a vital life skill and wants to help children find their own creative voice.
- Interested in working with disenfranchised communities who have limited access to quality arts and education programs.
- Believes every child should have an arts education.
- Enjoys the early childhood years: children 3 – 8 years old.
8-week Apprenticeship will culminate in leading a 6-week series of childrens classes. By Fall of 2017 apprentice would start teaching children’s morning classes for ICIC and afternoon classes for WDT at a starting hourly rate of $60 – $75.
Submit Resume/ CV by Feb 24th to :
Word Dance Theater
Mission: To create and perform modern dance productions and to provide educational experiences that preserve and illuminate the philosophy and choreography of Isadora Duncan, founder of Modern Dance. Through the artful blending of dance, music and theater, Word Dance Theater (WDT) pays tribute to Duncan’s philosophy as a rich foundation from which new dance experiences can emerge.
Vision: To change and improve lives through the art of Modern Dance
Values: Strength, Beauty, Freedom
Inner City – Inner Child
Mission: We place low-income children on the road to literacy and future success by training their educators to use the arts to teach academic skilld.
Vision: Every Child has access to quality early childhood education
Values: Creativity, Equality, Education