Office Administrator and Dance Company/Program Coordinator,
Adagio Ballet and Dance School (Arlington, VA)
Application deadline: December 2016
Adagio Ballet and Dance School
4720 Lee Hwy Ste E
Arlington, Va 22207
Adagio Ballet and Dance School is looking for a driven and reliable Office Administrator and Dance Company/Program coordinator with a positive, professional work attitude to join our Administrative team long-term. Be part of a hardworking, fun team in a fast-paced, professional, high quality dance education and administrative environment.
Adagio Ballet and Dance School, based in North Arlington, VA was founded in 2004 and has grown to a vibrant organization with over 1,400 students and 20 teachers in a facility with 7 studios and a black box performance space.
Courses are offered in Ballet (based on the Vaganova Method), Modern, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical and Hip Hop. All programs follow a curriculum with weekly lesson plans, periodic exams, and progress reports.
Adagio Ballet offers 3 core programs
• The Early Years Program (ages 2-6) a uniquely structured program designed to build the ballet fundamentals while incorporating the imagination, creativity, storytelling and music;
• The Intensive Program (ages 7-18, by invitation or audition)- through this rigorous program students train multiple times a week with an intense curriculum, perform 3 times per year, and are eligible to audition for the student company;
• The Youth Program (ages 6-18) the extra-curricular program where students dance 1 time a week in any dance style with 2 performance opportunities a year.
• Maintain alert, professional, positive, engaging on-site presence.
• Actively lead daily on site, phone and email communication with current and new students while adhering to external communication policy and tone.
• Function as reliable liaison between customers & management and customers & teachers while adhering to internal communication policy and tone.
• Perform required daily and weekly tasks included but not limited to: register students for classes, assist with apparel sales, ordering/inventory maintenance, upsell school programs, calendar management, mass email correspondence, seasonal offerings, performances and projects, among others.
• Assist the Assistant Director with specific program projects and tasks throughout the school year.
Dance Company Coordinator:
• Coordinate rehearsals and school year calendar for all Dance Company Divisions
• Coordinate outreach performances and events for all Dance Company Divisions
• Plan and execute yearly events and performances.
• Implement marketing plans for Dance Company events and performances. Included but not limited to: promo emails, flyers, posters, social media, outreach activities, etc.
• Implement fundraising plans and strategies included, but not limited to: sponsorship opportunities, raffles, ad posting, and planning donation based events.
• Compile feedback and track reports from events implemented.
• Proactively document preparation process and regularly update administrative and management teams as well as Company directors
Intensive & Camp Program Coordinator:
• Intensive Program coordination includes: Pointe assessments, program recommendation process, level placements, payment plans, YAGP, & program analysis reports
• Camp coordination includes: coordinating themes, scheduling, marketing, communication, oversite/implementation, and program analysis for future improvements
• College degree is required, unless substituted by equivalent arts administration experience in similar field.
• Demonstrated reliability and eagerness to learn.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
• Excellent communication/written skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to work both, as a team and independently.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
• Marketing and fundraising inclination.
• Motivated and committed to enhance and develop dance education.
• Available to start training immediately.
• Full-time position begins following part-time training period.
• Full-time position is 40 hours/week with a minimum 1 year contract.
• Must be open to some work on weekends and some weekday shifts ending between 8-9pm.
• Experience and interest in dance, education, and work with children is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
– Full-Time Position includes Benefits package:
o 100% coverage of health care benefits.
o Retirement plan with employer matching program.
o Up to 4 weeks of PTO.
o Opportunities for career and financial growth.
Please email resume, cover letter, and references to sofia