Foundation & Government Relations Manager
Application Deadline: September 30, 2016
4000 Albemarle Street, NW, Suite LL10
Washington, DC 20016
The Foundation & Government Relations Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Capital Campaign Consultant to meet annual and long-term fundraising goals. Successful candidates must have exceptional writing skills; experience in foundation research, prospecting and cultivation; and a demonstrated track-record in writing winning grant proposals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and grow a portfolio of foundations and government grants.
• Research new prospects, build a pipeline of potential funders, and develop strategies for securing funds.
• Solicit new funds from institutional sources and write proposals.
• Strategize midterm and long-term fundraising opportunities with the Board of Directors, Executive Director (ED), and Capital Campaign Consultant (CCC).
• Manage the relationships and stewardship of foundation and government funders.
• Manage the grants calendar ensuring that proposal and report deadlines are closely tracked and met.
• Provide support for the planning and execution of CityDance’s Annual Gala.
• Provide support to the ED and the CCC in the development of Corporate Sponsor proposals and Major Gifts from Individuals.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: • 5 to 7 years of experience in grant prospecting and writing • A proactive and aggressive approach to identifying, pursuing and winning grant proposals • An interest, background and ideally a passion for the arts.
Email resume, cover letter and sample grant proposal to opportunities