NATIONAL DANCE EDUCATION ORGANIZATION Job Announcement
Program Associate for the National Honor Society for Dance Arts (NHSDA)
The National Dance Education Organization offers Annual Leave, Sick Leave and discounted Group Health Insurance to its full-time employees in accordance with the organization’s rules and regulations.
Friday, May 27, 2016 to Sunday, June 12, 2016
June 27, 2016
Full Time, 35 to 45 hours/week – Permanent
8609 2nd Avenue, Suit #203B, Silver Spring, MD 20910
The qualified candidate will be comfortable providing customer service over the phone, by email, and in person as well as working with a seasonal, project-based workflow. S/He possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, is a self-starter and is able to balance multiple projects at once.
The candidate must be able to work effectively both alone and in collaboration with others. Computer skills are a must, including navigating web-based platforms, Microsoft Word, Excel and Google-Docs. Must be comfortable learning new software as needed and have the ability to organize and analyze data.
Innovation, critical thinking, creativity, long-term planning, imagination, and adaptability will all be important traits for the candidate to possess, as the position has the potential to grow and change in accordance with the growth of the program and the organization.
A Bachelor’s Degree and arts administration or non-profit experience preferred but not required.
A Dance background strongly preferred.
The Program Associate for the NHSDA will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Provide overall program management, including managing the day-to-day operations.
- Assisting in the development of an annual budget for the program.
- Planning for the growth of the program over time.
- Develop resources and events and training opportunities for the NHSDA program.
- Print and Mail NHSDA Certificates and NHSDA Merchandise.
- Manage and Maintain NHSDA Database.
- Assist with planning student programming at National Conference (especially as itrelates to NHSDA chapters).
- Assist and work at the National Conference to ensure a wonderful experience for our members.
- Oversee and implement NHSDA Awards Program, working in partnership with the Board Representative for NSHDA.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the NDEO Board of Directors.
- Maintain calendar of upcoming Board programs and oversee programimplementation.
- Maintain archival files for Board and Executive Director.
- Performing bookkeeping duties such as Invoicing, utilizing QuickBooks software.
- Performing clerical tasks such as filing, answering phones, following up withmembers and vendors utilizing excellent customer service skills.
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made to see if your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, you must email a Cover Letter, Resume and two-three References to:
HR and Finance Director
APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME ON
Sunday, June 12, 2016.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE COMPLETE INFORMATION MAY HINDER YOUR CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, AGE (WITH AUTHORIZED EXCEPTIONS) OR ANY OTHER NON-MERIT FACTOR.