Friday, May 6, 2016 @ 5:00pm
Dance Metro DC’s 2016 Presentation Grant program supports the presentation of original dance works by DC area choreographers. Two dance works will be selected for presentation during the fall 2016 season at professional dance venues in Washington, DC.
The Presentation Grant is created for choreographers, production companies, and independent dance artists who have existing dance works ready for presentation, or are currently developing dance performance works for the stage.
- To support the presentation of two dance performance works from DC area choreographers through direct artist support and partnership with professional presenting venues.
- To lessen the financial burden on artists and presenting organizations by incurring financial risk for dance production, investing in local artists and partnering with professional dance venues.
The 2016 Dance Metro DC Presentation Grant program will provide $ 2,500 each in direct artist fees for two separate dance performance engagements.
The Presentation Grant Award includes:
- $2,500 artist fee
- Weekend presentation (Saturday & Sunday) at either Dance Loft on 14 or Dance Place
- One technical/dress rehearsal (Friday)
- Technical support prior to the presentation including Lighting Design
- Technical support during production week including running crew and Stage Management
- Marketing and promotional support for the presentation
- Access to Professional Development training workshops
- Assistance and advice from program mentors (as requested)