Organizational Manager, ClancyWorks Dance Company
The ClancyWorks Dance Company, an emerging nonprofit arts organization located in Montgomery County, seeks a proven professional administrator. It is possible that this position may be split into multiple part-time positions in order to secure the highest quality skills in each area. It is intended that successful execution of the one-year appointment will provide a financial basis for renewing the appointment(s).
Company Development: Research grant opportunities, develop corporate, business, and individual sponsorships including fundraising; coordinate with grant writer
Finance/Legal: Prepare annual budget; manage expenses to meet budget, prepare quarterly budget reports; assure that all legal, tax and public reporting requirements are met.
Organizational Accountability: Meet at least biweekly with Artistic Director and other staff; attend monthly and special meetings of the Board of Directors; prepare reports to Board of Directors, as requested.
Oversee Marketing and Community Relations Personnel as well as prepare and disseminate press materials; prepare and distribute newsletters and email communications with supporters and communities served; speak on behalf of the company at public and private events.
Oversee and implement general administrative daily tasks such as respond timely to customers, collect organizational data, upkeep organizational records, and attend local meetings on behalf of the company.
Booking: Arrange for ClancyWorks to engage in university residencies, concert series, festivals, and other performance and workshop opportunities.
Required Qualifications (for all above positions)
- Collaborative, consensus-oriented management style
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team of part-time staff and volunteers
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- High level of organization
- 5-7 years of work experience and 3-5 years of management experience
- Success in development of corporate and individual sponsorships
- Success in grant writing and grant administration
- Track record in programming and marketing
- Experience in managing budgets and financial reporting a plus
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, and Database programs; quickbooks a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply please send letter of interest and résumé to: Organizational Manager Search
ClancyWorks Dance Company PO Box 3111 Silver Spring, MD 20918
For more information, please email info and write “Organizational Manager Search” in the subject line.