Educational Coordinator, ClancyWorks Dance Company
The ClancyWorks Dance Company, an emerging nonprofit arts organization located in Montgomery County, seeks a proven professional administrator. It is possible that this position may be split into multiple part-time positions in order to secure the highest quality skills in each area. It is intended that successful execution of the one-year appointment will provide a financial basis for renewing the appointment(s).
Educational Program Development: Research grant opportunities, develop corporate, business, and individual sponsorships including fundraising; coordinate with grant writer for all arts in education as well as professional development and learning exchange opportunities.
Educational Program Accountability: Meet at least biweekly with Artistic Director and other staff; attend monthly and special meetings of the Board of Directors; prepare reports to Board of Directors, as requested.
Coordinate with Marketing Personnel to highlight AiE and Professional Development Programs for marketing campaigns as well as prepare and disseminate press materials; prepare and distribute newsletters and email communications with supporters and communities served; speak on behalf of the Company’s Education Programs and Professional Development Programs at public and private events.
Booking: Arrange for ClancyWorks to engage in school assembly performances and workshop/residency opportunities.
Education programming: Oversee all ClancyWorks Arts in Education programs; hire teaching artists; update arts in education handbook/curriculum; conduct site visits; provide professional development. Work with Director to co-plan and coordinate Summer Dance Educators Training Institute (DETI)
Program logistics: Schedule performance and education program components; coordinate dancer/teacher assignments; make travel arrangements; coordinate volunteers.
- Collaborative, consensus-oriented management style
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team of part-time staff and volunteers
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- High level of organization
- 5-7 years of work experience and 3-5 years of management experience
- Success in development of corporate and individual sponsorships
- Success in grant writing and grant administration
- Track record in programming and marketing
- Experience in managing budgets and financial reporting a plus
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, and Database programs; quickbooks a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply please send letter of interest and résumé to: Educational Coordinator Search
ClancyWorks Dance Company PO Box 3111 Silver Spring, MD 20918
For more information, please email info and write “Educational Coordinator Search” in the subject line.