The Stage Manager (SM) is key to creating an efficient and positive production. One’s ability to successfully lead and work with the company, although at times possibly stressful, will be of utmost importance. Your overall purpose is to work directly with the director, cast and production staff to move a show from inception to closing. You are the one responsible for everything and everyone to be ready and to maintain the director’s intentions. This contracted position is for 2 times per year (early December and May performances). Email resume and letter of intent to: admin
- The SM will run all technical rehearsals and performances, maintaining the show throughout the run, as rehearsed.
- Calling cues and possibly entrances during performance
- Oversee the entire show each time it is performed, make sure that every aspect of the production runs just as the director intended time after time, until the production closes.
- Make sure the stage is properly set up and cleaned up for each rehearsal and performance.
- Coordinate the work of the stage crew
- Communicate with cast, directors and production team during tech and performance week to assure all of the various bits of information pertaining to the production is being passed along to all involved.
- The SM will maintain the posting notices for cast and crews during tech and performance week. This includes sign-in, schedule and any notices.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of theater production required, dance performance preferred
- Able to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrated honesty, trustworthiness and accuracy
- Strong attention to detail
- Evening and weekend work required
- Stamina and sense of humor welcome
- Successful candidate will have a firm, kind, polite, respectful, and calm manner who can encourage and lead a large number of people to achieve a high standard of backstage discipline.
Dance Metro DC(202) 643-3346info @ dancemetrodc.org