|Part-Time Contractual Position
Start Date: March 2015
Lesole’s Dance Project seeks a part-time administrative assistant OR intern with a passion for dance, fundraising, and community work. This creative, organized, confident, and detail-oriented individual is committed to working in a collaborative, energetic, and professional environment and values honest communication.
Founded by Lesole Z. Maine in 2003, LDP dance company has been improving economically challenged communities across the globe for an ENTIRE decade by supporting youth development through the arts. Through our generous volunteers, donors, and sponsors we were able to provide scholarships to more than 50 at-risk students at area elementary schools within the DC Metro area. Facilitating cultural exchange and further increasing awareness of dance as a vital educational tool available to everyone, LPD provides educational residency programs on the movement and history of popular Traditional South African dances such as Gumboots, Indlamu and Pantsula. www.ldpdance.org
- Provide registration to new students during classes
- Work with LPD’s booking agent, presenters and collaborators
- Schedule performances and communicate with school’s and before and after performances
- Contact follow up work on submitted grants applications
- Contribute to and manage LDP’s print media, social media, and promotional media content
- Required Abilities: Demonstrated ability to work effectively with school personnel, teachers, dancers, and community members. Must be able to work some evenings: (typically, Mondays & Wednesdays) and weekends (Saturday and or Sunday if LDP has performances).
- Availability of personal computer (LDP provides no physical office space and contractors work from home)
- Experience in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Experience working with (or quick ability to learn) Donor Tools, Google Docs, Drop Box, Mailchimp, and/or similar programs
Starting Date: Transition of materials starts immediately with assumption of full responsibilities once candidate is chosen
Salary: Internship or part time contractual position. Part time contracts based on level of experience. Commitment consists of Monday and Wednesdays from 6-7 and Saturdays from 12-3. In addition to those days, 3-4 hours per week with the understanding that some weeks/months are busier/lighter than others, particularly during fundraisers and performances. Contract lasts for 1 year and is renewable.
Administration Dance DevelopmentFundraisers Internships Jobs Part-time
Lesole’s Dance Project
Administrative Assistant (or Intern): Marketing, Fundraising, & Design Employer Website:
Employer Contact Information:
Job Submission Requirements:
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Job open until filled. Please send resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org