Job Opportunity – Operations Assistant
1111 16th St. NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
Job Posting – Operations Assistant
CityDance is a thriving organization with opportunities in Arts Management that provide significant professional and personal growth. And it’s an exciting time to join our talented team and work in a creative and energized environment. The ideal incumbent for the position below is a savvy problem solver and creative thinker who is fast on his or her feet, and always eager to learn something new.
The Operations Assistant provides direct assistance to the super-cool Director of Operations, and general administrative support to the Executive office located in downtown DC. While keeping a keen eye on continuous improvements to Company processes and procedures to optimize business functionality, the Operations Assistant is responsible for the coordination of performances, projects, and events to ensure successful planning and production, and assists with facility management, and human resource administration.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Support general business and office operations, including ordering supplies and equipment
• Assist with maintaining uniform company administration and implementation of policies and standards
▪ Assist with procurement, service, and upgrades of furniture, utilities, computers, software
▪ Coordinate vendor relationships, including office internet and phone providers
▪ Implement essential technology systems including telecom, software, company intranet, and financial, programmatic, and personnel databases.
▪ Research software systems to improve operational efficiency and cost savings.
▪ Coordinate & provide production support for performances, events, and construction projects.
▪ Assist the Development staff with grants reporting, including collation of materials for donor segments, and donation response letters
▪ Maintain contract management system and financial reporting systems
▪ Assists with administration of the human resources department
▪ Maintains files and security protocols
Job Requirements / Qualifications
BA/BS degree preferred.
Understanding of project management principles a plus.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; administrative skills; software skills; attention to detail and follow-through capabilities.
Analytical and problem solving skills, decision making skills
Effective verbal and listening communications skills
Attention to detail and high level of accuracy, very effective organizational skills
Effective written communications skills, e-mail at a highly proficient level
Stress and time management skills
Commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive compensation package including employer contributed health benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, CityDance hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please send resume and introductory email to Letitia Hays at Letitia.
Email subject line: HR_Finance Manager – applicant’s last name