ClancyWorks Dance Company – Job Opportunity: Program Coordinator(s), ClancyWorks Dance Company
ClancyWorks Dance Company
PO Box 3111
Silver Spring, MD 20918
Program Coordinator(s), ClancyWorks Dance Company
The ClancyWorks Dance Company, named in the 2015-16 Catalogue for Philanthropy: Greater Washington as “one of the best” community-based nonprofit organizations in the region, seeks a proven professional administrator. Experience with dance is helpful, but not necessary. It is possible that this position may be split into part-time positions in order to secure the highest quality skills in each area.
Research and write grant proposals; develop corporate, business, and individual sponsorships.
Booking and Company logistics:
Arrange for ClancyWorks to engage in university residencies, concert series, festivals, and other performance and workshop opportunities; make travel arrangements; coordinate volunteers
Meet at least monthly with Artistic Director and other staff; attend monthly and special meetings of the Board of Directors; prepare reports to Board of Directors, as requested.
Marketing and community relations:
Prepare and disseminate press materials; prepare and distribute newsletters and email communications with supporters and communities served; speak on behalf of the company at public and private events.
Prepare annual budget; manage expenses to meet budget, prepare quarterly budget reports; assure that all legal, tax and public reporting requirements are met.
• Collaborative, consensus-oriented management style
• Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team of part-time staff and volunteers
• Ability to work independently
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Strong meeting facilitation skills
• High level of organization
• 5-7 years of work experience and 3-5 years of management experience
• Success in development of corporate and individual sponsorships
• Success in grant writing and grant administration
• Track record in programming and marketing
• Experience in managing budgets and financial reporting a plus
• Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, and Database programs; quickbooks a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply please send letter of interest and résumé to:
Program Coordinator Search
ClancyWorks Dance Company PO Box 3111 Silver Spring, MD 20918
For more information, please email Adrienne and write
“Program Coordinator Search” in the subject line.