ClancyWorks Dance Company – Job Opportunity: Educational Coordinator, ClancyWorks Dance Company
ClancyWorks Dance Company
PO Box 3111
Silver Spring, MD 20918
Education Coordinator, ClancyWorks Dance Company
The ClancyWorks Dance Company, an emerging nonprofit arts organization located in Montgomery County, seeks an Education Coordinator with a proven track record of success. This position will initially last until June 30, 2016. It is intended that successful execution of the one-year appointment will provide a financial basis for renewing the appointment(s).
Program logistics and Communication:
Schedule all performance and education program components; coordinate all dancer/teacher assignments for educational programs; liaison with school representatives; speak on behalf of the company at assemblies and other events; prepare and distribute email communications with supporters and communities served.
Teach in the various ClancyWorks Dance Company afterschool/community center/retirement community educational programs as assigned.
Teacher Support and Review:
Collaborate with Artistic Director in reviewing teaching artist lesson plans, classroom management, and effectiveness; conduct site visits; provide professional development; update arts in education handbook/curriculum
Arrange all contracts as they pertain to the Educational Department; manage and maintain contracts between ClancyWorks Dance Company and schools, retirement communities, and other community organizations.
Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator on press materials; prepare and distribute newsletters and social media campaigns as needed.
Collaborate with Development Coordinator to assist with grant proposals as needed; assist in the development of corporate, business, and individual sponsorships.
Meet at least monthly with Artistic Director, Program Coordinator and other staff; attend monthly and special meetings of the Board of Directors; prepare reports to Board of Directors, as requested; prepare end of year written reports for granting purposes.
• Knowledge of dance and dance education
• Knowledge of MCPS curriculum and standards preferred but not required
• Exceptional classroom management skills
• Collaborative, consensus-oriented management style
• Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team of part-time staff and volunteers
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Strong meeting facilitation skills
• High level of organization
• 3-5 years of teaching/coordinating experience
• Success in development of corporate and individual sponsorships
• Experience in grant writing and grant administration preferred but not required
• Proven track record in dance education
• Experience in managing budgets and financial reporting a plus
• Computer proficiency: Word, Excel; quickbooks and adobe products a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply please send letter of interest and résumé to:
Educational Coordinator Search ClancyWorks Dance Company PO Box 3111 Silver Spring, MD 20918
For more information, please email Adrienne and write “Educational Coordinator Search” in the subject line.