Manager – Arts
Part-Time Contractual Position
Deep Vision Dance Company, Inc. seeks a Project Manager with experience working in the arts. This passionate, organized, and detail-oriented individual is committed to working in a team environment, demonstrates strong leadership skills, and values timely communication.
Founded in 2011, Deep Vision Dance Company is a Baltimore-based nonprofit organization operating under a mission to engage, inspire, and motivate the community through high quality dance performances and educational experiences. The organization is dedicated to producing visually stunning and emotionally moving choreographic art in the Baltimore/DC area. DVDC creates a “company” home for dancers, collaborates with local artists, plays a role in sustaining the Baltimore arts scene, and educates the community through workshops, classes, and mentoring programs. In 2012, DVDC founded the AKIMBO Dance Festival. This festival is celebrating its 4th year this Sept. 2015. The organization’s vision is to be an impetus for positive change in the self, arts and community. www.deepvisiondancecompany.org
• Work collaboratively with the Artistic Director/Executive Director
• Oversee company programming, including productions, education components, AKIMBO Dance Festival, fundraising events, etc.
• Coordinate and communicate with the Artistic Director, Board, contractors, company members, and interns to achieve set goals and timelines
• Be the Point of Contact between the company and external voices, including collaborators, venues, press, grant agencies, etc.
• Manage teams, production staff, contractors, and functional components of the company, i.e. hiring, scheduling, preparing for meetings, prompting communication among individuals, etc.
• Handle managerial aspects of the company, such as invoices, permits, insurance, etc., and assist Treasurer with bookkeeping and budget
• Review, file, and ensure access to documentation materials, such as photos, video, etc.
• Work with the Grant Writer and Artistic Director to review accuracy of grant information and to create and update attachments and portfolios for submissions
• Guide and oversee the Board with donor campaigns, fundraising, and marketing initiatives.
• Submit regular updates to Artistic Director and/or the Board
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Note: Responsibilities require an in-depth knowledge of the company, its history, and activities. Expectation is a willingness to learn and to grow quickly in the role. DVDC values a collaborative, supportive process and upholds opportunities for shaping of individual’s roles with the company.
• A minimum of three years of experience in management and/or arts administration
• Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing artistic programs
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style
• Strong self-motivation and self-initiative
• Ability to provide high levels of customer service and evidence of successful personnel management
• Proven ability to handle numerous details, with appropriate follow-up and reporting of activities
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
• Availability of personal computer and scanner (DVDC provides no physical office space and contractors work from home)
• Expertise in Microsoft Word products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher
• Experience working with Donor Tools, Google Docs, Drop Box, Mailchimp and/or similar programs
Starting Date: Transition of materials starts immediately with assumption of full responsibilities on September 1, 2015
Salary: Part time contractual position. Contracts range from $5,000 to $8,000 per year. Commitment consists of 10-12 hours per week with the understanding that some weeks/months are busier/lighter than others. Contract lasts for 1-2 years.
Application Guidelines & Deadlines: Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Job open until filled. Please send CV and cover letter to Nicole A. Martinell at contact.
Contact Person: For further information, please contact Nicole A. Martinell at contact.