Marketing and Design Manager
MARKETING AND DESIGN MANAGER
Individual will report to Joy of Motion Dance Center’s Communications and Media Director
Job Summary/Essential Duties:
Joy of Motion Dance Center, a non-profit dance organization, seeks a Marketing and Design Manager responsible for designing advertisements (print & digital), special events materials, logos, brochures, one-sheets and web pages (WordPress). Candidate will implement marketing strategies and execute plans to support organizational goals as set by Communications and Media Director. You must be creative, have a working knowledge of how to perform routine website maintenance and triggered email campaigns via Constant Contact and/or PatronMail. Candidates must have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and be proficient on MAC and PC platforms. Successful candidate will manage designing and updating collateral materials (postcards, fliers, schedules) and will also share management of photography, digital image library, press archive and student databases. A major role will be e-newsletter creation and distribution. Candidate will also have working knowledge of the local market and will conduct and translate survey data as needed. Regular travel to, from and between JOMDC locations and local marketing events is required. Candidate will also attend special events and represent JOMDC as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Web Design, Media Service or equivalent experience
- 3 years marketing experience.
- Superior customer service skills
- Working knowledge of web design and SEO
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self motivated
- Exceptional proofreading skills
- Ability to present information in a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license/good driving record
- Effective listening and communications skills
- Creative and design skills
- MAC and PC proficient
- Print savvy
- Working knowledge of HTML and Constant Contact
- Competency and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Some dance experience and knowledge of different genres of dance is preferred.
- Some photography skills preferred.
- Familiarity with Joy of Motion Dance Center is a huge plus.
Physical Demands: Individual must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
Supervisory: Interns, Workstudy volunteers
Work Environment: Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Benefits: Free Dance Classes, health insurance, vacation, retirement package
Salary: $39,000-$45,000 (DOE)
Hours: FULL TIME. Must be available weekends and evenings as needed
Health and Dental Insurance, Retirement Benefits, Free Dance Classes
Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio, 3 references to: Rachel Pearl, Communications and Media Director RPearl
Joy of Motion Dance Center is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.