Applications Accepted until Dec 5 – National Cherry Blossom Festival
It’s incredible to believe that the start of the 2015 National Cherry Blossom Festival is less than 6 months away. Over the fall and winter, the Festival is happy to engage with past and prospective Festival Participants through our Festival Participant Program!
The National Cherry Blossom Festival’s goal in establishing, and maintaining the Festival Participant Program is to incorporate events into the Festival that provide the potential for a broader base of community involvement for participants and observers providing reach, relevance, and impact. With the support of last year’s Festival Participants the Festival won 8 coveted Pinnacle Awards from the International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA) in September.
The Festival dates for 2015 are March 20 – April 12. The new programmatic theme: Celebrating our Natural World through Trees and Gardens focusing on celebrating and educating about the benefits of trees, parks and gardens to the environment and humans, to our planet, extrapolating on flowering cherry blossom trees and Japanese gardens. We encourage Festival Participants to develop creative tie-in programming for this new theme.
Attached please find detailed Festival Participant Information Guidelines and an additional document that outlines instructions for the online application. Please read through each document carefully to understand your obligations to the Festival as a Festival Participant (one of which is to provide proof of insurance).
Link to begin your online application:
Please mark your calendars with these important dates related to the Festival Participant Program:
· December 5 – Last day to submit your online application and marketing images
· December 18 – Last day to submit any proposed changes to your event/program
· February 13 – Last day to submit your event/program press release
· March 5 – Last day to provide proof of insurance *
· March 11 & 17 – Designated Festival signage pick up dates (clings, banners, tabletop signs)
· April 24 – Last day to provide a post event/program recap e-package
* Your Certificate of Insurance (COI) should be current to comply with your event/program, and should name the District of Columbia and the National Cherry Blossom Festival as the “Certificate Holder.”
National Cherry Blossom Festival offices
1250 H St. NW Suite 1000 Washington, DC 20005
Signature Festival event dates:
· Pink Tie Party fund-raiser – Friday, March 19
· Family Day presented with the National Building Museum – Saturday, March 21
· Opening Ceremony – Saturday, March 21
· Blossom Kite Festival – Saturday, March 28
· Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival – Saturday, April 4
· National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® – Saturday, April 11
· Sakura Matsuri – Japanese Street Festival – Saturday, April 11
Questions about the Festival Participant Program and application should be directed to Remi Wallace, Program Manager – External Relations atremi, or by phone 202.638.8372.
Thank you for your support of the nation’s greatest springtime celebration!