|The Kennedy Center Local Dance Commissioning Project awards are given to local (DC Metro Area) dance choreographers/companies to create a new work or a combination of works to premiere on the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage in September/October 2015. The LDCP supports the local dance community by nurturing the creation of new dance work and presenting that new work to a wide audience via the Millennium Stage, the Kennedy Center’s free daily performance series.
The Commission Award includes:
• $7,500 artist fee
• Center-hosted private showings for choreographers to share work and receive input
• Rehearsal space, as available, at the Kennedy Center between June and August
• Technical support prior to the performance to develop lighting, sound, and/or set concepts for the new work
• Assistance and advice from program mentors throughout the commission process
· Project applications will be accepted now through December 19, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
· Projects may be submitted by email or mail. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
· Emailed proposals must be received by 5:00 PM, on Friday, December 19, 2014. Mailed proposals must arrive at the Kennedy Center by Friday, December 19, 2014 at 5:00 PM. You will be notified when your application is received. Incomplete or late applications will be disqualified.
· Awards will be selected and announced in March 2015.
· Winning projects will be presented on the Millennium Stage in September/October 2015.
For more information on how to apply and links to all necessary application resources, visit us at http://www.kennedy-center.org
Or contact us with any questions at LDCP@kennedy-center.org or by phone at (202) 416-8029.