Position Available: Administrative Assistant (October 2014)
Callahan Consulting for the Arts has available a part-time contract position to support our national client base of funders and arts service organizations. Duties are as follows.
The majority of the time is client-related:
- Administration for a national arts funding program that the firm runs. Duties include processing grant applications, database entry, meeting logistics, communication with grantees, and expense tracking.
- Drafting client written materials, including reports, memos, web copy, and other items.
Some time is general administrative:
- Logistics: meeting arrangements, travel, vendors, supplies, and general maintenance.
- Information management and marketing: maintaining databases and managing mailings to clients, and maintaining web copy.
- Additional tasks as they arise.
- At least two years of administrative experience (part or full time) in the arts or another field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. This includes basic writing composition, grammar, and standard business writing, as displayed in part by writing sample.
- A high degree of attention to detail in all communication, particularly written documents.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Intermediate skills in MS-Word; touch typing of at least 35 wpm. Prior knowledge of MS Excel, Quicken and/or Access a plus but not required.
- Ability to work 15 hours per week during the daytime on a regular basis and more during busy times. Candidates must be available for extra hours from November 2014 through March 2015.
- Interest and/or experience in the arts field highly desirable.
- Familiarity with social media and webinar platforms a plus but not required.
Candidate would gain some understanding of trends in the national arts field; arts philanthropy and fundraising; some skills in evaluation and nonprofit management; and small business administration. Ideal for a graduate student or artist. Flexible hours.
Callahan Consulting for the Arts helps arts organizations and funders realize their vision through a range of services including strategic planning, fundraising, evaluation and philanthropic counsel. Downtown office is on the red, blue and orange metro lines. For more information visit www.ForTheArts.org.
Pay: $15-20 per hour, starting, DOE and skill level. Freelance position.
Start date: Immediately.
Location: Downtown, at Scott Circle, near the red, blue/orange, and yellow/green Metro lines.
Send resume, cover letter that addresses the above requirements, names of three references and one writing sample (of any length and format, on any subject) to Suzanne Callahan, Founder at info@ForTheArts.org.