Dance/USA seeks Winter Programs Internship
Application Deadline: November 5, 2014
1111 16th Street NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
Dance/USA’s Programs Intern assists in planning Dance/USA’s Annual Conference and Dance Forum.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Researching Conference logistics for catering, locales, staffing, transportation, and schedule;
• Researching and confirming A/V logistics for meeting needs;
• Assisting with and processing speaker contracts regarding engagement, lodging, fees, and registration;
• Corresponding with speakers, honorees, and business partners through verbal and written means;
• Collecting and posting bios, images, etc. for all speakers and honorees for web placement;
• Helping collect biographical information, photos, articles, and quotes for Honor, Ernie, and Trustee awardees;
• Working with Communication staff on press releases and with Development staff to collect information for the Opening Night Celebration;
• Being a liaison with staff on all information related to Conference activities and policies;
• Assisting with maintenance of the Conference and registration websites;
• Reviewing meeting room allocations for capacity counts and set-up with Conference venues; and
• Creating event signage.
Applicants must have demonstrated interest in dance and/or arts administration; must be willing to accept challenges with limited instruction, but have the ability to ask questions as needed; must be computer/technology savvy; must be an independent worker in a group environment; must have excellent verbal and written communication; must have the capacity to work under pressure and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.