Grant Writer – Arts
Deep Vision Dance Company, Inc. seeks an experienced grant writer with experience working in and a passion for the arts. This organized and detail-oriented individual is committed to working in a team environment and values communication.
Founded in 2011, Deep Vision Dance Company is a Baltimore-based nonprofit organization operating under a mission to engage, inspire, and motivate the community through high quality dance performances and educational experiences. The organization is dedicated to producing visually stunning and emotionally moving choreographic art in the Baltimore/DC area. DVDC creates a “company” home for dancers, collaborates with local artists, plays a role in sustaining the Baltimore arts scene, and educates the community through workshops, classes, and mentoring programs. The organization’s vision is to be an impetus for positive change in the self, arts and community. www.deepvisiondancecompany.org
- Write, compile and submit LOIs and grant proposals to foundations, government agencies and corporations.
- Develop and write grant reports, produce written reports for renewal and cultivation of potential and existing donors.
- Create a master foundation prospect list with contact information, grant application form, application procedures, grant ranges, grant requirements, grant deadlines, and similar information.
- Create a grants calendar to ensure ongoing, systematic grant application to foundations, deadlines for filing, and deadlines for reporting.
- Research new grant opportunities and conduct prospect research on foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals.
- Conduct on-site meetings and site visits with potential clients when needed.
- Coordinate with Executive Director on deadlines, timing of submissions and requests, and information sharing.
- A minimum of three years writing experience; evidence of grant-writing or fundraising success preferred,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, and the ability to provide high levels of customer service,
- Bachelors Degree,
- Highly detailed oriented,
- Must be able to meet multi-deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Expertise in Microsoft Word products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher,
- Extreme discretion and confidentiality in the management of constituent information and financial records.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Job open until filled. Please send resume, references, and writing sample to Nicole Martinell at contact