Callahan Consulting for the Arts has available a part-time position to support our national client base of funders and arts service organizations. Duties are as follows.
The majority of the time is client-related:
- Administration and evaluation for a national arts funding program that the firm runs. Duties include database entry, communication with grantees, expense tracking, and assistance with running webinars and other virtual meetings.
- Drafting written materials related to fundraising, including reports to funders and proposals.
- Assistance with analysis of research, including surveys and interviews.
A small amount if time is general administrative:
- Logistics: meeting arrangements, travel, vendors, supplies, and general maintenance.
- Information management and marketing: maintaining databases and managing mailings to clients.
- Additional tasks as they arise.
- At least two years of administrative experience (part or full time) in the arts or another field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. This includes basic writing composition, grammar, and standard business writing, as displayed in part by writing sample(s).
- A high degree of attention to detail in all communication, particularly written documents.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Intermediate skills in MS-Word; touch typing of at least 35 wpm.
- Ability to work 10-20 hours per week during the daytime, and possibly more during busy times.
- Interest and/or experience in the arts field highly desirable.
- Prior knowledge of MS Excel, Quicken and/or Access a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with social media and webinar platforms a plus but not required.
Candidate would gain some understanding of trends in the national arts field; arts philanthropy and fundraising; some skills in evaluation and nonprofit management; and small business administration. Ideal for a graduate student or artist. Flexible hours.
Callahan Consulting for the Arts helps arts organizations and funders realize their vision through a range of services including strategic planning, fundraising, evaluation and philanthropic counsel. Downtown office is on the red, blue and orange metro lines.
For more information visit http://www.ForTheArts.org.
Pay: $15-20 per hour, starting, DOE and skill level. Freelance position.
Start date: Spring 2014.
Location: Downtown, at Scott Circle, near the red, blue/orange, and yellow/green Metro lines.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter that addresses the above requirements, names of three references and one writing sample (of any length and format, on any subject) to Suzanne Callahan at Callahan@ForTheArts.org.