The ideal candidate will begin the internship in early June 2014 and continue through August. The internship requires 20-30 hours per week.
The Bowen McCauley Dance (BMD) internship program is designed to provide meaningful hands-on training and experience in the areas of arts management and dance production. Our internship offers the practical opportunity to become an integral member of the staff and to work side-by-side with professionals as we produce, promote, and administer our performance and community engagement programs. Qualified candidates should be enrolled in a graduate program, have a passion for the arts, and an appreciation for the local arts scene. A background in dance is a plus.
Specifically, the internship will focus on BMD’s current and future marketing campaign goals. The intern will provide support in a variety of areas such as marketing, press relations/communications, social media, and event management.
Responsibilities and Experience
The BMD Intern will have projects in several areas including:
• Marketing performance and outreach programs, including creating a communications plan for the current and upcoming season.
• Direct marketing for BMD’ summer dance intensive, and summer programs and performances, including BMD’s Do More 24 event on June 19
• Social media/communications coordination
• Electronic communications and press relations
• Creating a 20th Anniversary Season communications plan
• Website projects
• Special event planning and projects
• Board member relations
College credit and transportation stipend. Students also have the option to use this experience as an independent study.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to Joanna Estes Janascius, Engagement and Operations Manager, joanna. Application deadline, Monday, May 19 or until position is filled.