ARTS ADVOCACY DAY
March 24-25, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
Hosted by Americans for the Arts and cosponsored by 85+ national arts organizations, National Arts Advocacy Day is the largest gathering of its kind, bringing together a broad cross section of America’s cultural and civic organizations. Grassroots advocates from across the country come to Washington DC to meet with their members of Congress in support of issues like arts education policy, the charitable tax deduction, and funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.
What’s At Stake In 2014? Between tax reform, budget battles, and education reauthorization, support for arts and arts education is facing many challenges on Capitol Hill this year. As Congress and the administration grapple with ever-changing policy proposals, it is imperative that arts advocates come to Washington, DC to make sure the arts to make their voices heard!
- Strategize with experienced advocates during an interactive role play session on how to make the case for the arts and arts education to your members of Congress.
- Network with your fellow arts advocates from across the country and go on congressional visits led by State Captains.
- Learn the latest research facts and figures on the arts to help make your case.
This year, we’re excited to announce some program changes that will improve training opportunities to help advocates be more successful at Arts Advocacy Day. These skills will make you a more effective advocate for the arts on the local level:
- Specialized policy briefings for beginner and advanced advocates
- A new breakout session for student advocates to learn how to take action back on their campuses
- Increased time for advocates to network and plan their visits to Capitol Hill
- One-on-one professional development consultations with an advocacy expert to practice making the case for the arts
- Hear Google staff present their latest nonprofit tools and learn about their Cultural Institute project
Join us on Facebook for the latest updates!
Use #AAD14 to spread the word about Arts Advocacy Day on March 24-25, 2014in Washington, DC!Americans for the Arts extends its gratitude to Ovation, America’s only arts network inspiring the world through all forms of art and artistic expression, for their generous support of National Arts Advocacy Day 2014.